A wholesale mortgage lender required an improved level of professionalism of its finance organization to support an aggressive growth plan.
A E78 executive, as CFO, assisted the Board and president in designing and implementing the redesign of the Finance organization. He identified and hired a controller (with CPA), treasurer, and senior accountant. He then redeployed existing staff who previously handled finance organization activities, with no employee losses. To get the newly organized finance team up to speed, the E78 executive led the following actions:
- Redesigned the outbound wire desk function, substantially strengthening cash controls and bringing that activity within finance operations
- Established a 125 page-view monthly reporting system that reported across all financial and operations metrics
- Conducted monthly financial and operations reviews with company management
- Negotiated $8 million of credit and bridge financing, and up to $1.4 billion of warehouse facilities
- Evaluated ERP system candidates; chose and installed a dynamic and robust system
- Prepared a private placement memorandum for a potential sale/partial sale
- With this and other company-wide changes, the company grew eight-fold to $125 million in three years at strong profitability. The company was presented with nine-figure premium purchase offers.